osCmax Button Construction Kit (oBCK) by Ridexbuilder a.k.a. ejSolutions
This a cut-down version for public use. Clients of ejSolutions enjoy a fully featured version.
English is only catered for currently but people are invited to submit language translations - as long as they are accurate!
Refer to the forum at osCmax
for additions and/or comments.
Below is the original text.
This version of the Zen Button Construction Kit generates all Zen-Cart shop and admin buttons, for several languages if necessary.
(Only English and Spanish is supported for the admin buttons at this time)
The Zen Button Construction Kit has been tested with multiple browsers and is cross browser compatible. It has been tested with IE, Firefox, Opera, Safari, and Chrome.
The Zen Button Construction Kit v2.0 (found here: http://zen-bck.mediakitchen.de/) is a completely new development branch (separate from the v1.6.x versions) of the Zen Button
The author has made it clear that he has no plans to release the Zen Button Construction Kit v2.0 to the Zen-Cart community. He is also not accepting any feature requests
for the 1.6.x versions of the Zen Button Construction Kit or for the Zen Button Construction Kit v2.0.
However, the thanks to the work of other fellow Zenners, beginning with v1.6.5, the v1.6.x releases of the Zen Button Construction Kit provides ALL of the features offered
in the Zen Button Construction Kit v2.0 with improvements not offered in the Zen Button Construction Kit v2.0 including:
- PHP 5.3 compatibility
- Custom button generation
- Admin button generation
- Cross browser compatibility
Version 1.6.8 - torvista, nigel74, & C Jones
- Improved user interface (module & readme) -- new tabbed layout courtesy of the Tabbed Products Pro module (C Jones -- http://overthehillweb.com)
- Squashing various layout and functional bugs (nigelt74 -- http://webzings.com)
- Improved button template layout (nigelt74 -- http://webzings.com)
- Added custom button creation functionality including the ability to choose the icon to be used on your custom button (nigelt74 -- http://webzings.com)
- Updated icon overlay definitions for admin buttons. Each admin button now has a defined icon--added additional silk icons to support the updated icons (C Jones -- http://overthehillweb.com)
- Addition of more Droid Open Source fonts and the addition of the Red Hat Liberation Open Source fonts (C Jones -- http://overthehillweb.com)
- Formatting changes for 100% html validation (C Jones -- http://overthehillweb.com)
- W3C validation icon added to app main page and readme (torvista)
- Updates to readme (including moving the readme file to its own directory) (torvista & C Jones -- http://overthehillweb.com)
Version 1.6.7 - torvista & nigel74
- Added button/catalog and button/admin directories so each type of button gets saved to a separate directory. Variable added to button config files to steer this. (torvista)
- Missing swedish folder added to enable error-free generation (torvista)
- Cleanup of button definition file (removal of non-standard Zen Cart buttons) to avoid errors (torvista)
- Additions to readme concerning font useage (torvista)
- Non-free fonts removed and a free one included to avoid disconcerting error on first run (torvista)
- Added transparent png support (nigelt74)
- Added ability to select admin or catalog button generation from front end (nigelt74)
- Added catalan support from forum post (nigelt74)
Version 1.6.6 - torvista
- Deprecated functions replaced for compatibility with PHP 5.3
- Replaced <?= to <? php echo for compatibility with PHP 5.3
- Encoding of special characters in the catalog buttons file was changed to html entities for compatibility with PHP 5.3 (thanks to nigelt74). Admin only done for spanish.
- Changed _default_preset so it would load all languages instead of causing an error
- <? added php to config file
- Corrected path error in pngbehaviour.htc to use /images/blank.gif for IE6 png transparency
- Correction of multiple html errors (table/form errors etc.) for validation - "Save Preset" is part of the same form as the Button Layout table but was maintained with (ugly) css hacks on the same line as the Load Default preset option.
- Addition of "Product Details" to spanish button definitions, previously not translated
Version 1.6.5 - torvista
- Minor cosmetic changes
- Created new zen_bck_config ADMIN.php file for the Admin buttons in English and Spanish
- Bug fix: main page gave an error on load due to missing font in font folder
- "Bug fix": last two versions offered for download were incomplete
- Save/load preset system
- Different icon y offsets for big and small buttons
- Bug fix: all button texts in correct proportions now
- Bug fix: no buttons displayed distorted in IE anymore
- Bug fix: TellAFriend upper case button name preserved
- Download as ZIP file feature
- Support for case conversions of unicode encoded characters
- Czech, Dutch, Polish, Romanian, Russian and Slovak language support
- Minor bugfix when icons are switched off; minor cleanup
- Fixed bug where PNG transparencies were incorrectly rendered on some GD version (thanks Jarsa!)
- Fixed small bug of inconsistent configuration settings
- Display generated buttons on the results page
- Small adjustment: bigger safety space to avoid extremely extended fonts to be cut off
- Italian language support
- Add icon overlays to visualize the function of the buttons!
- Button sizes are now defined separately from the text definitions
- Fixed bug when converting special characters to upper/lower case
- Color picker and RGB to hex calculator for all color input fields
- More input validations
- French language support
- Easier encoding (HTML) of special characters in button text definitions
- Visual control over layout parameters
- Preview of button results
- Automatic detection of installed templates and fonts
- Button width adjusts to text length
- Multi-language button text definitions; pre-installed: English, German and Spanish
- Better text kerning and rendering by using a scaled up text work space; no need to recompile GD on your server
- Template system for different button layouts
- Text effects like drop shadow and outline
- Works on all shop background colors
Original button class by Rainer Langheiter
Silk and flag icons by Mark James | color pickers by Mark Kahn